Applications for the programme are now open. There are two deadlines:
- Non-EU students can apply until 31st May 2018 and the decisions will be announced on 17 June 2018.
- EU students can apply until 15th July 2018. Decisions will be announced in the first week of August 2018.
Applications for Masters degree programmes are processed by the Masters Office. The first stage of the application must be completed via the online portal ‘campo’. More information on the application procedure is available at the webpage of the Masters Office of FAU.
Following the online application, all of the required documents must be sent to the Masters Office by post (FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg, Referat L4 – Master Office, Schlossplatz 4, 91054 Erlangen). Foreign certificates must be handed in as officially certified copies with an officially certified translation. Documents don’t have to be translated if they are issued in German, English or French. Certification means a stamp of the issuing institution. The lack of a stamp may result in the Masters Office rejecting the application.
- Complete and signed application for admission – in duplicate. This is the official form generated at the end of your registration in the campo system.
- School leaving certificate(s)
- University degree certificate(s) – (e.g. Bachelor) or, if not issued yet, a confirmation from your University thatyou will graduate in the running semester (incl. estimated date of graduation)
- Diploma supplement or complete academic report/transcript of records
- Personal data sheet. It must be prepared by the applicant and bear the date of issue and the original signature of the applicant. We ask you to indicate all information regarding your education starting with elementary school until today. Please also describe your work experience and internships, stays abroad, voluntary work, prizes etc. Please do not include a photograph.
- Letter of motivation
- Confirmation of the required English level: “vantage or upper intermediate” level (B2) according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or an equivalent score in an internationally recognised test, eg. IELTS 5.5, TOEFL pbt 552. Exemptions: native speakers, holders of University degrees taught in English.
The winter semester will begin in October 2017. Semester dates can be found here.
Advice on registration in the campo system:
When choosing the programme you are applying for, select “MSc Geowissenschaften” and, in it, “VT1: Palaeobiology-Palaeoenviroments (PB) | VT2: Earth Systems RVT1: Palaeobiology-Palaeoenviroments (PB) | VT2: Earth Systems Research Lab (ES)”. All other text in the system will be in English. At the end of your form, the system will generate a document which is your official written application for admission. It comes with a checklist (in German and English) of all paper documents you need to send to the Masters office along with the generated document.
Contacting the Masters Office
To submit your documents in person or consult the Masters Office, please use the following contact information:
Halbmondstr. 6, 91054 Erlangen
rooms 0.032 and 0.048 for international applicants
and 0.049 and 0.050 for German applicants
Office hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.